on Maths, Science and Statistics
for Blind and Partially Sighted Students
Registration is now open !
Registration will be open until June 15, in the limit of available places. Warning there is a limitation to 24 places, so don't wait until the last day!
Go to registration website where you'll have to create an account. In case of problem on any kind on the registration website, don't hesitate to contact : dominique dot archambault at univ-paris8 dot fr.
(Click on "Read more" just below to access full information.)
The program includes a series of hands-on workshop to learn how to read, write and do maths and statistics. During 4 full days, each morning and each afternoon will start by a short plenary session, where the topics of the following workshops will be presented, and then 2 hands-on workshop will be proposed to participants.
Preliminary list of workshops :
- Doing Maths with LaTeX
- Compiling and debugging LaTeX documents
- Writing and compiling math with LaTeX
- LaTeX documents with TeXnic-Center
- Doing Maths with Infty and ChattyInfty
- Doing Maths with LEAN Maths
- Access to graphics
- Reading and understanding tactile graphics
- Tactile math function graph perception
- The Tiger Digital Pen
- Drawing by myself
- Using R, the most accessible stats software
- Octave, a Computer Albegra system to do calculations
- Processing data by using EXCEL
The teaching is provided by international experts, who have developed the presented software, or who are advanced non visual users :
- Masakazu Suzuki, Katsuhito Yamaguchi and Toshihiro Kanahori, known as "The Infty Team", from sAccessNet Foundation, Japan
- John and Carolyn Gardner, from ViewPlus, USA
- Jiri Pecl, Lukas Masilko, Lukas Smirek, from Teiresias centre, University of Brno, Czech Republic
- Jonathan Godfrey, Massey University, New-Zealand
- Karin Müller, Thorsten Schwarz and Gerhart Jaworek, from SZS, Karlsruhe Institue of Technology, Germany
- Bernard Stöger, Integriert Studieren, Johannes Kepler University of Linz
- Dominique Archambault, Master Technology and Disability, University Paris 8
The participants may travel on friday, and will be offered a welcome party on friday 4, late afternoon, "get to know each other". The program starts at 8.30am on saturday 5 and continues until tuesday 8, ending around 5.30pm.
The registration fee is 125 euros and covers access to the Summer University, breakfasts, lunches, coffee breaks, welcome party and gala dinner.
Students will have the possibility to book a room in the International Student Residence, on the Paris 8 Campus in Saint Denis (building next to the Summer University on the same campus). The stay for up to a week from July 4 costs 160 euros (same price for 4 to 7 days).
We have a special offer for other participants, at the Campanile hotel Saint Denis Basilique (1 subway stop from the university). The cost is 59 euros per night. Mention ICCHP 2014 and Ms Isis Truck in your registration.
Go to registration website
The Brno Team from Masaryk University Teiresias - Support Center for Students with Special Needs are taking care of the technical equipment.
The ICCHP-SU 2014 event is sponsored by Thales and Cap Gemini.