on Maths, Science and Statistics
for Blind and Partially Sighted Students
Summer University 2013 is now over. It has been organised in Bad Herrenalb/Karlsruhe, Germany on September 1-6, 2013, by the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT),
Study Center for the Visually Impaired Students (SZS), Karlsruhe, Germany.
During a week, participants from more than 10 countries, 4 continents, have been working together on access to Maths, Stats, and Sciences for visually impaired people. Thanks to the local organisers from SZS, to the technical team from Masaryk University, to the workshop leaders and to all the participants, it has been a great event, where every one could learn and share.
- ICCHP SU starts on 1st with a welcome reception 6 p.m and ends on 6th at 2.30 p.m.
- You will find more information about the venue and traveling to Bad Herrenalb on our venue and traveling page.
- The registration has been closed on 31st July. In case of cancellation after 31st July there will be a cancellation fee of 200 Euros.
- Students who do not get support from their school or university can apply for a grant (300 Euro) with an essay about their motivation. Please contact us at our Email address .
- You will also find a preliminary list of workshops on our workshop website.
The Summer University is dedicated to Accessibility of Mathematics, Science and Statistics and to improve the over all knowledge about access to mathematical contents for visually impaired persons. The event is a chance to improve the awareness of existing technologies, to stimulate research and to review the actual teaching methods and even new scientific developments.
The programme of the upcoming event will be published on this website.
Venue of ICCHP - SU 2013
The ICCHP-SU 2013 will take place at the conference center of the "Haus der Kirche" in Bad Herrenalb, close to Karlsruhe.
The main goal of ICCHP Summer University is to bring together:
- Students (from late secondary school as well as university level)
- Teachers and educational experts
- Counselors and supporters of students with disabilities
- Companies and developers in the field of ICT / AT
ICCHP-SU 2013 will be organized in five days. The workshop days are dedicated to certain topics:
- Day 1: Reading scientific documents
- Day 2: Writing scientific documents
- Day 3: Tactile graphics and Lab
- Day 4: Applications
- Day 5: Applications
- Rainer Stiefelhagen - Professor and Chair of the Study Center for Visually Impaired Students at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Karin Müller
- Thorsten Schwarz
- Gerhard Jaworek
- The Brno Team from Masaryk University Teiresias - Support Center for Students with Special Needs are taking care of the technical equipment.
The ICCHP-SU 2013 event is sponsored by Lions Club Karlsruhe.