on Maths, Science and Statistics
for Blind and Partially Sighted Students
September 1-6, 2013
in Bad Herrenalb/Karlsruhe, Germany
organized by the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT),
Study Center for the Visually Impaired Students (SZS), Karlsruhe, Germany.
- The registration is open. Please register at
- You will also find a preliminary list of workshops on our workshop website.
The Summer University is dedicated to Accessibility of Mathematics, Science and Statistics and to improve the over all knowledge about access to mathematical contents for visually impaired persons. The event is a chance to improve the awareness of existing technologies, to stimulate research and to review the actual teaching methods and even new scientific developments.
The programme of the upcoming event will be published on this website.
Venue of ICCHP - SU 2013
The ICCHP-SU 2013 will take place at the conference center of the "Haus der Kirche" in Bad Herrenalb, close to Karlsruhe.
The main goal of ICCHP Summer University is to bring together:
- Students (from late secondary school as well as university level)
- Teachers and educational experts
- Counselors and supporters of students with disabilities
- Companies and developers in the field of ICT / AT
ICCHP-SU 2013 will be organized in five days. The workshop days are dedicated to certain topis:
- Day 1: Reading scientific documents
- Day 2: Writing scientific documents
- Day 3: Tactile graphics and Lab
- Day 4: Applications
- Day 5: Applications
- Rainer Stiefelhagen - Professor and Chair of the Study Center for Visually Impaired Students at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Karin Müller
- Thorsten Schwarz
- Gerhard Jaworek
- The Brno Team from Masaryk University Teiresias - Support Center for Students with Special Needs are taking care of the technical equipment.
The ICCHP-SU 2013 event is sponsored by Lions Club Karlsruhe.